Close Grip Neutral
Following over twenty years of research and development in the US, MAG® handles and lateral bars have revolutionised the resistance equipment accessory market. Easy to understand and use, MAG® appeals to the novice and the highly trained athlete. There are seven unique MAG® grips in total, with three variations; neutral (palms inward), pronate (palms facing away) and supinate (palms facing towards you). They exercise the back at different angles, are motivational and more ergonomically correct than other lat bar handles. Each MAG® grip is tailored to specific back exercises, enabling you to keep proper form. Made of high-quality steel and coated with a super tough, washable rubber, MAG® will not chip or scratch your expensive machines like conventional handles.
The back muscles, which comprise 70% of upper body mass, are often the most neglected. A common problem with achieving an optimal back workout has always been premature grip failure. Many people either end their workout with the feeling that they haven’t sufficiently worked their back, or resort to using wrist straps or other devices that are cumbersome and, for the most part, ineffectual. MAG® evolved from the need to change the lat bars and handles that have been the same for around 40 years.
The link between hand and machine
MAG®, with its unique palm support, keeps the wrist in a partial state of flexion at all times. Flexion is the positioning of the wrist where the biceps are flexed. In this stance, the line of force passes through the proximal phalanx, the most efficient and less tiring grip position. As the back exercise progresses, the wrist maintains its original position, enabling the trainee to achieve optimal exercise.
MAG® is much more comfortable than a standard round handle as it disperses the force of the back exercise throughout the entire hand, not just the fingers. This takes the focus off gripping the lat bar, and allows the user to focus on the targeted muscle group without prematurely ending his/her set due to grip failure.
Lateral epicondylitis, or tennis elbow, is often associated with excessive gripping with the wrist in a state of extension. This condition is common with many trainees, as they tend to over-grip or squeeze the lat bar handles too hard with the wrist in extension.As MAG® keeps the wrist in a partial state of flexion, and takes the focus off the grip on the lat bar, it has been shown to alleviate this condition in pulling movements. MAG® is proving indispensable in physical therapy centres for the rehabilitation of such injuries.
- Seven MAG® grips available, with three variations; neutral, pronate and supinate
- More ergonomically correct and comfortable than traditional round handles.
- Each MAG® grip is tailored to specific back exercises, enabling you to keep proper form
- Focus on the targeted muscle group, not grip strength.
- Ideal for rehabilitation and high-end club environments.
- Perfect for both the novice and highly trained athlete
- Made of high quality steel and coated with a super tough, washable rubber
- Chip and scratch-resistant textured rubber coating
- No need for gloves or straps
- Proudly made in the USA from USA-made materials
- Dimensions: Approximately 5 inches wide (13cm)
- Weight: 5lbs (2.3kg)
- Warranty: 1 year